Sunday, November 1, 2009

McCartney designs for GapKids



STELLA McCartney’s one off collection for GapKids launched this week with a Halloween themed party at the Little Red School House in New York City's Greenwich Village packed with children sporting her new designs.

The mother of three’s move into childrenswear sees her combining stylish run-way trends with the concerns of busy working mothers like herself.

"I think this collection has a mix of the playful and practical," McCartney told Vogue. "It's a reflection of my brand, there are pieces that are classic and very sort of timeless and hopefully very chic, and then there are pieces that are the kind you chuck in the washing machine and they get better with time and, you know, they are funny and hopefully a little bit cool."

McCartney's three children - Miller, four, Bailey, two, and Beckett, one - are beginning to have an opinion on what they wear - and all happily offered feedback on the collection, which ranges in size from newborn to age 12.

McCartney started out creating the capsule collection by making things she liked, but that quickly changed.

"Halfway through the process, my eldest son, who is four and a half, started having a mind of his own in what he wanted to wear. All of the sudden, I thought, my God, I have to take this to a different area where I'm trying to dress kids," she revealed.

"Part of it was quite weird -- I realized I would have to figure out what teenagers will like, so we tried to cover the options."

The collection is available in GapKids and babyGap stores in the UK, the United States and Canada, France, Ireland, and Japan, as well as online in the US from November 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment